365/365: Woohoo!!!

untitled.jpg

I made it! And I think I'm a little crazy for signing myself up for another year. But mostly in a good way. I have learned so much this year and doing this project has been beneficial to me both personally as a way of documenting our (my family's) lives and as a photographer.
The photo above shows my new display area in a corner near the kitchen. I purchased the magnetic boards at Ikea, I've made a commitment to print out my favorite images once a month (instead of the 200+ I just did... oops) and when the new month's prints arrive in the mail I will pull the old ones down and slip them into the new albums that arrived today. Woohoo for organization! I love looking at the pictures. Many of them were taken for the 365 and I would probably not have captured them if I hadn't needed to "get a shot" for the day.
I feel like I need to have some kind of wrap up... a where I started, what I've learned and where I want to go from here, kind of thing. As the boys are about to wake up from their naps any minute, that will be a perfect way to start the New Year tomorrow!

6 comments:

Mindy said...

Congrats! I love your display boards and plan to print pics monthly, looking forward to seeing your 2011!

Laurie said...

Don't feel bad, I haven't printed ANYTHING!!! I'm horrible at that! Love your displays!

Unknown said...

I love this idea of printing out the best photo for the month. I am a real slacker when it comes to prints. thanks for the idea and congrats on the 365.
If you are up to another 365 here is a great idea thread
http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?p=555136#post555136

Alison said...

Congratulations on completing your 365! I love the your display idea.

grandmabish said...

What a cool idea to print the months pics. I like these display boards too.

Courtney said...

I have my boards up but not pictures yet :O( That is one of my goals too - monthly printing and replacing! I love these!! They look great!!