1/365: Organization

Today was all about organization. I started out the day in the guest closet. Since we moved in, in March of 2006, it has been unorganized and a dumping ground for things that have no where else to go. We purchased several bins and I sorted through everything with the mindset of "If I haven't used this since I put it in here, I'm probably not going to!" This resulted in a small pile of trash, a huge pile of items to donate and small pile of stuff to organize and put back in the closet. It still isn't really pretty, but for the first time ever it is now possible to walk in and access everything without having to first move numerous items out of the way.
We also took down all of the Christmas decorations and put the house back in order. For the first time ever this was a 1 afternoon process. B even took down the outside lights as well! While he was gone taking everything back to the storage unit (we need a larger garage!) I thoroughly vacuumed and dusted the house.
My plan is it to create a schedule for cleaning and picking up that will keep the house in the shape it is now. I love checking things off of lists and so I think that by creating some kind of spreadsheet system I will keep myself motivated to do the tedious cleaning chores that I can usually easily ignore.

0 comments: